We’ve been eating a lot of healthy Paleo-friendly recipes at our house. I’m always looking for ways to remove carbs from our diet, and opt for healthier alternatives. Although I absolutely LOVE fried rice (if you haven’t tried my Korean Chicken Fried Rice recipe, check it out!), my husband is on the Paleo diet so I decided to make him Cauliflower Fried Rice for dinner this week. He ABSOLUTELY loved it and is begging for me to make him some more soon.
Cauliflower Fried Rice is so easy to make. Because there are so different flavors in this recipe (from the chicken, Vietnamese sausage, the onion, and garlic), you won’t be able to taste the cauliflower. The flavors blend together very well and create a delicious dish.
If you’ve never had Cauliflower rice before, this is a great gluten-free and no-carb option for those of you who are dieting. Although it doesn’t taste like rice, it has the consistency of rice, but with the flavor of cauliflower. However, when you cook it right and when you combine it with other flavors, it’s a great alternative to traditional rice.
If you’re vegetarian, you can replace the chicken with your favorite vegetables and plant proteins, such as tofu or tempeh. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken and Chinese Sausage
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 knob (1/2 inch) ginger, minced
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 Chinese sausages, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Maggi seasoning (or low sodium soy sauce)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
Prepare the Cauliflower Rice
- If you have a good blender or food processor, cut the cauliflower into small chunks and add to the food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until the pieces are small and resemble grains of rice.(You can also use the large side of a grater to do this.)
Making the Fried "Rice"
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken cubes and Chinese sausage and cook until the outside of the chicken starts to brown.
- Add the shredded carrots and frozen vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Then, add in the cauliflower rice (from Step 1) and mix well to combine.
- Make a hole in the center of your pan and add your beaten eggs. Let the outside edges of the egg set before mixing it all together. Stir gently and continuously.
- Add the Maggi seasoning and stir until everything is well-combined. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked to your desired softness. Add more Maggi seasoning if you want it saltier.
- Serve with Sriracha sauce and enjoy.