There’s nothing more refreshing and delicious on a hot summer day than a cool, healthy salad. This cucumber salad is simple to assemble and makes a wonderful appetizer or side salad at dinner.
I love the distinctive taste of feta cheese, combined with the unique flavor of dill. The olive oil and lemon juice adds a lovely dimension to the crisp, coolness of the cucumber. Use grape or cherry tomatoes to offer pretty color. I used Spanish green olives, simple because I didn’t have any Kalamata olives on hand. They brought a touch of saltiness that made this salad even better.
Cucumber, Feta and Tomato Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 medium cucumber coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup of pitted olives Spanish or Kalamata, halved
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Sea salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the chopped cucumbers, feta cheese, cherry tomato halves, and olives.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle the dill weed on top.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.