We absolutely love eating ribs in our house. There’s nothing more delicious than biting into a tender piece of ribs slathered in barbecue sauce, the meat falling off the bone, and then licking your fingers afterwards. It makes for the perfect weekend meal, and you can do it in your oven.
You can use any type of rib for my oven-baked ribs. I’ve made this with St. Louis style ribs and traditional baby back ribs. It works great with both. You allow the ribs to slow cook in the oven at 350 degrees F for 2 hours and the result is simply amazing.
This is an easy recipe that is perfect for moms. You do a little bit of prep work, pop it in the oven, forget about it and go do your chores for two hours, then glaze the ribs with BBQ sauce, and then it’s ready 25 minutes later. It’s that easy, and oh-so-delicious!
Fall-Off-the-Bone, Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- 3-4 lbs Ribs (Baby Back or St. Louis style)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 cups your favorite Barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using your hands, rub both sides of the ribs with the dry ingredients. Make sure everything is well coated. (Use more than the recommended amounts if desired). You can bake immediately, or let the ribs rest for 10-15 minutes for better flavor.
- Wrap the ribs very tightly with aluminum foil. You don't want any heat escaping. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven. Open up the foil carefully. Slather the ribs with barbecue sauce. Bake uncovered for another 25 minutes.
- Brush with even more barbecue sauce and serve.