Some mornings call for a hearty breakfast, and you’ll absolutely love this easy-to-make Hash Brown, Bacon, and Egg Skillet. So simple to make, and it doesn’t require a lot of time either. I made it this morning when my husband and son were still in bed, and the kitchen smelled so amazing when I was done. The power of bacon, my friends!
I buy dehydrated hashbrowns in a 4.2 oz container (it looks like a milk carton). You add hot water and wait 12 minutes for the water to soak up, and tada, your hashbrowns are ready to be eaten!
I love this breakfast skillet recipe because it uses ingredients I already have on hand – bacon slices, onions, and cheese. You can use any kind of cheese you want – lots of hashbrown skillet recipes use Cheddar, but I love Asiago cheese, so that’s what I used.
My toddler loved the egg and bacon, but he was unsure of the hasbrowns (haha!) but we LOVED them. One serving of this filled me up until after lunchtime. With all that protein, it’s a really great way to start the day.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Hash Brown, Bacon, and Eggs Skillet
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4.2 oz container of hash browns (rehydrated)
- 4 medium eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium, stirring occasionally, until it renders its fat. Then add chopped onion and sauté together until bacon is cooked and crispy. Using a spoon, discard excess fat drippings from the pan.
- Add the hash browns. Arrange in a single layer and cook until the potatoes are crispy on the bottom. Make four wells with your spoon, and crack the eggs into each well. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the eggs. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, and turn off the heat.
- When cheese is melted, eat and enjoy. Serve with fresh basil, scallions, or any other garnishes you like.