It’s been a crazy few months for me. With moving to a new apartment, starting a new business (Preggie Baby Boutique – check it out!), and my best friend moving to another state – across the country, it’s been hectic. I haven’t had much time for cooking. I’ve mostly eaten out or picked up ready-made food at our local grocery store.
Tonight was a different story, however.
I was itching to cook.
Since I wasn’t in the mood to go to the grocery store, I used what I had in my fridge – left over rotisserie chicken, a jar of artichoke hearts, fresh mushrooms, a small package of sun-dried tomatoes, and of course – linguini pasta. There’s not much you can do with leftover rotisserie chicken (except to eat it, of course), but I wanted to do something else, something different.
The result was delicious.
Essentially, I used the sauce from chicken piccata (chicken stock and a squirt of lemon) as the base for this yummy pasta.
This is an individual size serving, since I am a family of one human (and two pets). I only cooked enough for two meals – one which I ate tonight, and the second portion I will eat tomorrow at work. If you want to make more servings, double the recipe.
Lemon Chicken Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Linguini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon flour for thickening
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 jar 6.5 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 5 to 6 sun-dried tomato slices chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Prepare linguini pasta as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add sliced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Sautee until mushrooms are nice and brown at the edges. Add the garlic powder and stir, cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and stir. Add the lemon juice into the pan. Sprinkle the flour on top, stirring quickly so they don't form clumps.
- When chicken stock is starting to bubble and boil, add the shredded leftover rotisserie chicken and chopped artichoke hearts to the pan. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Next, add the chopped sun-dried tomato pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce has thickened to your desired level of thickness (I prefer mine to be thick and gravy-like), remove from heat.
- Ladle the sauce over your cooked pasta. Sprinkle cheese on top, if desired.