These vegetable fritters are delicious, easy to make, and perfect for picky toddlers. They’re also packed full of potatoes and healthy vegetables. You can make these in less than 10 minutes, and they are a great toddler meal idea for your picky eater.
My toddler has started a “I hate eating vegetables” phase in his life. I used to be able to boil vegetables, cut them into bite-sized pieces, and he would eat them. He loved carrots, broccoli, peas. Life was good… but now, he refuses to eat them.
I’ve noticed that my son prefers to eat strips of food that he can hold onto and play around with. So these vegetables fritters are just perfect for him. He loves them too!
To make these vegetable fritters, I shredded 4 small red potatoes (peeled), added a cup of cooked vegetables (broccoli, carrots, peas, and corn), 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, and two eggs. (You could also add cheese to these, but I didn’t have any.)
I seasoned the mix with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then I fried them up in a skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they were golden in color.
My son absolutely loves these vegetable fritters. I tried to catch a photo of him eating them, but he kept trying to run away from me. (LoL). These last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
They even taste great from a grown-up perspective. For adults, I’d dip them in ketchup. They really are so tasty!
Easy Vegetable Fritters Recipe
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 4 small red potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, cooked and then chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine all the fritter ingredients (grated carrots, shredded potatoes, cooked and chopped vegetables, flour, eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.) Mix to thoroughly combine everything.
- In a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil for frying. Take a heaping spoonful of the fritter mixture and add to pan. Flatten them slightly with the back of your spoon. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until the fritter is golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel and let cool enough to serve.