Easy Biscuits and Gravy
This is super easy recipe to make Biscuits and Gravy with Italian Sausage in less than 20 minutes. An easy breakfast for 4 people!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits (16.3oz / 8 count)
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage (Salsiccia)
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- Salt (optional)
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Cook the biscuits according to package instructions.
Remove the casing on the sausage. In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the sausages.
Using your spatula, break up the sausages into bite-sized pieces. Cook until the sausages are brown and cooked. Fat will be released as the sausages cook. DO NOT DRAIN the fat.
Sprinkle the flour on top of the crumbled sausage and fat drippings. Stir to mix. Add the flour a little at a time. Keep stirring until the flour is completely mixed with the sausage.
Add milk and stir constantly. Cook until the mixture thickens.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and keep stirring until the gravy thickens to your liking. It took 3-4 minutes to thicken to our family’s preference.
Add ground black pepper to taste. Serve over warmed biscuits and enjoy.
- If the sausage gravy is too thick at the end, add more milk to thin it out.
- The sausage adds a lot of salty flavor to the gravy. However, if you like your gravy saltier, add salt at the end.